Tell us your story!
Please contact us with your stories and questions.
REVISED: DEADLINE for written comments: Tuesday, DECEMBER 4, 2012
ADDED: FIRST ONLINE CONSULTATION: Opening 13 November 2012; closing 4 December 2012 on a CRTC website to be announced
ADDED: SECOND ONLINE CONSULTATION: Opening 28 January 2013; closing 1 February 2013
REVISED: PUBLIC HEARING in Gatineau, Québec: Monday, FEBRUARY 11, 2013
UPDATE: As of 1 November 2012 the CRTC has CHANGED THE PROCEDURE. You NOW HAVE 2 ADDITIONAL WEEKS to make COMMENTS and the PUBLIC HEARING STARTS 2 WEEKS LATER
UPDATE: To help the public comment more fully, the CRTC has created TWO PHASES OF ONLINE PUBLIC CONSULTATION:
The first online consultation IS OPEN NOW and seeks to collect comments on what should be in the Code. Participants can respond to and “like” each other’s comments. CRTC Consultation: Help Develop a Wireless Code Consultations close: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 5pm PT
NOTE: There will be a second round of online consultations to comment on the draft Code from January 28, 2013 to February 1, 2013.
PIAC is very pleased that the CRTC has extended the procedure. For an official statement of these changes, please see: Telecom Notice of Consultation 2012-557-1
The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) wants to help you provide your ideas and opinions to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) for its proceeding to develop a mandatory code for wireless service providers (the Wireless Code) to address the clarity and content of wireless contracts and related issues for consumers.
So, we have created a document in Microsoft Word 2003 format to help you focus your answers on the questions and issues that the CRTC has defined, which are listed in the Notice of Consultation but are not otherwise available as part of the CRTC’s online comment form.
We have also included a section at the end of this document for you to relate any personal experiences you have had with wireless service, or for you to add general comments on wireless service or to express your views on any matter not raised in the CRTC’s formal Notice of Consultation.
How to submit your comments:
• Save this document template as your own document.
• Fill out your answers.
• You do not need to answer all the questions. Feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you like, depending on your experience, interest and time. All comments to the CRTC are valuable.
• Send a copy to the CRTC via their formal comment page at this link by Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 8pm EST. Make sure to attach your template comments to your electronic comment form.
• We encourage you to participate in the public hearing the week of February 11, 2013. If you would like to participate, make sure to request to appear when you submit your document to the CRTC.
• If you like, copy PIAC of your document. However, PIAC will not submit your form for you. Please use the CRTC’s comment link.
TIP: The CRTC will publish any personal information you include in your comments on its website, meaning it will be publicly available.
Here is the PIAC comment template (in Microsoft Word 2003 format). Thank you for commenting!
PIAC REVISED Template CRTC Wireless Code
Download File: crtc_wireless_code_template_for_individual_interventions_revised_final_for_web.doc [size: 0.06 mb]